We were on a search for the best tactical knife out there. When it comes to knives, there are three main themes that customers are into. Firstly, the knife needs to look good; it needs to say “If you need a job done, I’m your man”. You want a knife that doesn’t look like its messing around.
Secondly, the knife needs to have a good feel in your hand. Let’s face it, a knife that lacks comfort is not going to work when you need it to. No matter how sharp the blade is. Thirdly, the knife needs to be versatile to be able to tackle any tactical task presented. Now that’s the type of knife that you need.
Looking at the best tactical knife reviews, we have found a knife that ticks all the boxes. The Smith & Wesson Border Guard SWBG2TS kept saying yes, yes, yes!
The blade is made from blackened carbon stainless steel – so it won’t rust. It is partly serrated to enable versatility in use. It is a tanto blade – ideal for thrusting and piercing movements aided by the reinforced tip. The blade has two blood grooves to add strength and reduce the weight of the blade. The blade length is 4.4 inches.
The most impressive part the lightning fast deployment. It snaps out with an arrogant crack that oozes authority to function. Owning an impressive knife is great, but being able to deploy it is even more important. This knife allows you to do just that!
The handle is also black and is made from aluminum. The thumb knob design allows it to be used by both hands – ambidextrous. It has track tech inserts for an excellent grip. This is perfect for the super-fast deployment as well. The handle size is suitable for most hand sizes. The handle is a whopping 5.6 inches long making this knife 10 inches in total.
This best tactical knife is designed for heavy duty use. Weighing 8.8 ounces, this blade can tackle whatever it is at hand. It is important that the blade of a knife stays firmly in place. What differentiates a good knife is the ability of the knife blade to stay securely in place. This, despite heavy duty use.
The Smith & Wesson Border Guard SWBG2TS has a steel liner lock. This works to hold the blade in place. You can thus operate the knife with ease and need not worry about the blade loosening.
Built for extreme tactical use, this knife also boasts 4 extras to aid your mission. It has a glass break. This is found at the bottom end of the handle and is a solid piece of steel. Given the weight of this knife, this function is bound to be effective at breaking glass.
It has a strap cutter which can even cut through seatbelts. This means that even in an emergency, your knife can come to the rescue. It has a pocket clip and a lanyard hole which allow the knife to be carried per your preference.
- The knife is large and heavy which is perfect for heavy duty use
- The knife has a pillar construction and the blade is made from stainless steel. This makes the knife easy to clean
- The blade has a reinforced tip for added versatility
- Blood grooves to improve strength and balance the weight
- Lightning fast blade deployment
- The handle is ambidextrous
- The handle is extremely comfortable to hold, it also fits various hand sizes
- The steel liner lock aids to keep the blade in place – no loosening of the blade
- The knife has a glass break and a strap cutter for use in safety sensitive situations
- The knife has a pocket clip and a lanyard hole to enable you to carry it around
- The blade is large at 10 inches
- The blade can be considered heavy at 8.8 ounces
- The size and weight aid heavy duty use and thus cannot truly be seen as a con.
Efficiency, versatility, and razor blade sharpness. The Smith & Wesson Border Guard SWBG2TS has everything that a heavy duty knife calls for. It looks, feels and acts the part.
Whether you’re performing handy work in the home, trying to survive the outback or saving lives. This knife will not let you down!