Just because neither you nor your friends have the budget to travel the world doesn’t mean that you can’t all enjoy strong and powerful bonding time with a vacation
Gathering your friends together and taking a local road trip is a great way to enjoy time away and is extremely cost effective. However, without the right planning and some good advice, a well-intentioned road trip can easily go awry.
To prevent this from happening to you and your friends, below are some tips to keep in mind.
Drivers, Passengers Are You Ready?
- Keeping your drivers at their best is the most important part of a great road trip. Before you all leave, speak with the drivers in the group to arrange which part of the journey each person will do and when you will all stop to change and for breaks. By creating ‘shifts’, each driver can be sure that they are ready for their time.The night before your adventure, have each of the drivers create their own playlist of music they would prefer to listen to while driving. Remember, it’s important that your driver is the most comfortable person in your vehicle.
- If there aren’t many places for you to stop and take a break then be sure that you have enough snacks and drinks ready to keep everybody in the car happy and relaxed. Be sure to include snacks as well as fresh fruit and water and juices.
- The worst thing that can happen while you are on a road trip is that your cell battery runs out. Whether you were in the middle of editing an Instagram photo, updating your Facebook status or even live-blogging the adventure on Twitter, battery power is essential. For this reason, be sure that everybody has their respective charging cables in their hands as they each enter your car.
- Of course, there will be times when you just want to relax and listen to music or watch a TV by yourself as you all travel. A nordvpn coupon from Groupon Coupons is a great way to ensure you have access to any geo-restricted entertainment services if you travel out of state.
Get Your Vehicle Ready
- When it comes to your vehicle, the first thing that you need to ask yourselves is whether or not it can safely and reliably get you all to your destination and back. If you have any doubts then consider hiring a car instead.If you are sure that your car is up to the task then take some time to check the fluid levels. In addition to your engine fluid there is also your brake fluid, transmission oil, power steering fluid, and any others listed in your owner’s manual.
- Once you are sure the car is in good health, be sure that it is safe. For example, check that all of the seatbelts are in good condition and aren’t fraying. Similarly, be sure to check any additional safety features your vehicle offers.
- Last, but certainly not least, be sure to check your battery a few days before you leave. If the levels test a little low or it looks like it’s seen better days, consider replacing it before you leave so that you and your friends don’t become stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way to either start your car or, even worse, charge your cell phone!
A road trip is a great way for friends to cost-effectively share quality time together, so if you are your friends are a little strapped for cash, keep this article in mind and enjoy!