If you have landed in the UAE, you are definitely in for the ultimate desert experience! No trip is complete without the crazy experience of sailing through heaps of sand and flying up into the air as you bash against the golden dunes. Dune bashing is a form of off-roading on sand dunes. Vehicles driven on dunes may be equipped with a roll cage. Be prepared for a wild adrenaline rush as you struggle to stay in control. It’s a cool experience in desert safari dubai which will make you catch your breath at moments. It is common practice to deflate the tires of vehicle. Upon entering the desert Experience and skill is required to drive the car and prevent accidents just similar to auto-racing. It is common to meet with a pack of vehicles and a group leader before proceeding to prevent vehicles from losing track of direction and getting lost. The experience of dune bashing is similar to roller coaster rides with a difference that it is on sand.
Dos of Dune Bashing:
- Do put on your seat belt as dune bashing can be dangerous.
- Do make sure that your children’s seat belts are securely tightened.
- Do go only with professionally trained drivers as it requires a lot of skill to maneuver through soft sand at high speed.
- Do wear light clothes and comfortable shoes.
Don’ts of Dune Bashing:
- Do not eat too much before a ride, you can easily get sick.
- Do not drink too much on the ride, you may throw up.
- Do not unnecessarily encourage the driver to go wild and show stunts.
- Do not continue dune bashing if you feel nauseous, dizzy, or frightened.
- Do not do dune bashing with very young children or elderly people with back problems.
- Take note that this is not meant for the weak-hearted, elderly people and very young ones.
Want a memorable experience of Arabian Desert? Then what you want is a Quad Biking Tour. Quad Biking gives you opportunity through the ups and downs of the red sand dunes. You get a chance to explore the Bedouin heritage as well as culture simultaneously. No special skill is required to ride the quad bike. The bike, in general, is fully automatic with the top of the line specifications is easy and fun to ride.
Don’ts of Quad Biking:
- Don’t race or ride at speeds.
- Don’t vary, deter or change course from the lead tour guide riding line and trail given and demonstrated by the tour guide.
- Don’t ride if you suffer back, neck, or heart conditions and/or have any other pre-existing conditions or injuries.
- Don’t consume alcohol or drugs before driving.
- Children under age 12 years and less than 120cm tall are not recommended to take ride.
Sand boarding, also known as Sand Surfing, is a board sport similar to snowboarding with a difference that it occurs on sand dunes rather than snow-covered mountains. It involves sliding down, or across, a sand dune while standing with both feet strapped to a board. For more adventure, board can be used with no bindings.
While this sport has followers throughout the world, for obvious reasons it is much more popular in desert regions like Dubai, UAE that has a limitless supply of sand to choose from. Most sand boarding excursions into the desert take place in the morning, before the heat and winds set in. Some of the best dunes which range from 600 to 800 feet high are just a short drive outside the city in the Rub’al Khali Desert, making it an ideal day trip.
Sand board base is made from Formica or laminex due to which it is much harder than the materials used in a snowboard. Sand boards are normally waxed before a run to have a smooth glide over the sand. For that purpose especially designed paraffin based wax is used. A standard snowboard can be used on steeper dunes.
Be prepared to get a workout. There are no chairlifts in the desert. To get to the top, you have to hoof it, though some safari tours will give you a ride to the top via a dune buggy or four-wheeled ATV.
When talking about concealed attractions, Dubai is a first place that comes into mind. Your longest tour might look very short to visit all the places entirely. You can shop, dress up and photographs or get henna tattoo during Camping. While camping, take your seats near the stage to enjoy famous belly dances and get greatly amused with the tanura dances.
Dos of Camping:
- Respect Others. If your camp is close to others, avoid making too much noise or doing doughnuts with your car!
- Ask before taking a picture of anybody you meet on your trip, be it local or expatriate.
- Take care of environment and nature. Try to keep on the already established tracks.
Don’ts of Camping:
- As the ancient Greeks have already said: leave only footprints! If you camp, make sure not to leave any rubbish behind. This is not an eyesore for others, but will damage the fragile flora and fauna of the environment around you.
- Leave home with water. Be it tap or drinking water; always take along at least five liters per person per day to cover drinking requirements.
- Forget your shovel and at least one strong tow rope. If you are more advanced, invest in some good, solid and not too heavy tire tracks. They are more useful than you might give them credit.